• 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp. salt
• 4 tbsp. shortening
• 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
• 3 tbsp. to 5 ice cold water
• 2 tsp. white vinegar
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 3 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 cup light corn syrup
• 1/3 cup melted butter
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 3 large eggs, beaten and at room
• 1 cup chopped pecan
Instructions for crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Whisk together your flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add in shortening and butter, mixing with a pastry blender until crumbs appear.
- Add in water and vinegar and stir around, creating a ball.
- Roll out dough into a circle and place into a deep dish pie plate. Cut
away any excess crust and place in the fridge. To read more, pick up a copy of the November/December issue of LiveIt magazine.