1 – 1x12x4’ pine common board
1 – 1x4x8’ pine common board
2 – cabinet pulls
1 ¼ brad nails
220 grit sand paper
Dark Walnut Stain
Sponge paint roller
White Chalk Paint
Black Chalk Paint
- Cut 1×12 board to 24”. If you do not have a way to cut boards, you can ask Lowe’s or Home Depot to cut them down for you for a small fee or sometimes even free!
- Cut 1×4 board to 11 ¼”. You will need to cut two of these.
- Sand all edges and board with 220 grit sand paper until smooth.
- Stain all three pieces with a Dark Walnut Stain and let dry for a couple of hours. On this project I used Minwax Dark Walnut Stain.
- Once stain is dry, paint the pieces with two coats of white chalk paint. Be sure to wait at least 30 minutes between coats. I always use the Waverly brand chalk paint because it works well for me and if I run out I can quickly grab more when shopping at Walmart. In addition, I use sponge paint rollers to apply the paint because it doesn’t leave brush strokes.
For the full instructions, pick up a copy of the May/June issue of LiveIt.SHARE THIS: